What is the Designer-to-Customer Program?
The Designer-to-Customer Program helps former Designers stay connected to and a participant in the Chalk Couture™ community after they transition out of Designer status and into Preferred Customer status. A Preferred Customer is a subscriber in Club Couture™, receiving an exclusive monthly Club Couture project pack and being eligible to receive additional deals, discounts, and inside scoop as a Preferred Customer for as long as their subscription is active.
Former US Designers transition to Club Couture subscribers seamlessly and automatically, and they remain connected to their existing Advisor. Participants in this program are free to cancel ANYTIME. As Designers transition to this program, they are provided 1 month of time to determine whether they wish to continue as Club Couture members before any billing.
This program is a part of Chalk Couture procedure, and is outlined in the Policies and Procedures document effective as of July 1, 2019, agreed to by each new Designer upon enrollment.
The program is automatic for transitioning Designers in the US; they also receive a free Transfer in the month following their exit from Designer status. In Canada, to participate in the program, exiting Designers are required to have a separate enrollment—a link to which will be emailed to them soon after the quarterly drop has processed. If the former Canadian Designer enrolls in Club Couture within the first month of drop, they receive the Club Couture Transfer (Transfer only) for free.
How does the Designer-to-Customer Program help Designers departing Chalk Couture?
We love Designers! But we also know that sometimes life happens, requiring people to change their focus, even when they love Chalk Couture products and creating!
This program helps people keep doing what they love—chalking!—and at the same receive the monthly price of their former Designer monthly subscription (in the US only). For that same $19.99 USD, they can receive the FULL Club Couture pack including paste singles and a Transfer to create a finished project, all shipped free.
Note that in Canada, the Designer monthly subscription is $19.99 CAD, and those who enroll in Club Couture will see a monthly charge of $26.99 CAD (hence the separate required enrollment).
How does the Designer-to-Customer Program help Teams and Leaders?
The best thing about Chalk Couture™ are the friendships and creative connections we make along the way. We regularly hear from Designers that they want to keep those connections and conversations going, and to feel welcomed and part of a great group, even if circumstances require them to leave Designer status.
This program helps Leaders keep those connections strong and aligned in the community where they’re rooted. Leaders can simply move transitioning Designers from Team social media groups into VIP customer groups, where customers have full access to great ideas, leading décor trends, and of course, their choice of products and promotions offered by the Designer.
What is the process for an eligible Designer to move to Preferred Customer status?
A Designer moves to Preferred Customer status after the following:
- A Designer has an active account but does not meet the 100PV quarterly requirement. The day after the requirement deadline, their Designer account is closed and their status changed to “former."
- A Preferred Customer account is created by Chalk Central for the former Designer (the email address remains the same for the new account, so login to the Preferred Customer account is the same as the login was for the Designer account). The new Preferred Customer account is connected to the former Designer’s Advisor—so credit for Club Couture is tied to that Advisor, who is now servicing this former Team member as a customer.
- The US former Designer receives a FREE Club Couture™ Transfer (no pastes) for the month following their exit as a Designer and NO charges are made. The first charge for the Club Couture subscription happens the 5th of the month following, giving the former Designer more than a month to cancel the subscription before any charge for the Club Couture subscription is processed.
- The above process is automatic for US Designers. For Canadian Designers, an invitation to join Club Couture is emailed as soon as the Designer transitions to former. No Preferred Customer/Club Couture account is created automatically. If a Candian former Designer elects to enroll using the link provided in the exit email, they also receive the free Transfer (no pastes) for the month following their exit.
How will Designer-to-Customer participants be billed for Club Couture?
When the above-outlined process is completed (either automatically in the US or by active enrollment in Canada), the former Designer is considered a Club Couture subscriber. They will have their first billing of $19.99 USD/$26.99 CAD on the 5th of the month following their “lapsed” month. As an example:
- Julie does not meet quarterly PV in the first quarter, ending March 31.
- April 1, she is a former Designer and receives an email notifying her that she is automatically a Club Couture™ customer and receives a Club Couture Transfer for that month FREE (US only).
- May 5, if she has not cancelled her subscription, she will be billed for Club Couture and shipped the customer pack including the Transfer plus coordinating paste singles.
The former Designer’s first month’s Transfer is free?
Yes, they will not be billed for their first Club Couture shipment. However, they will only receive the Transfer, not the paste (US former Designers only). Former Canadian Designers receive their free Transfer (no paste) if they choose to enroll during the first month after they drop, using the link provided in their email.
What if a former Designer also wants the paste singles included as part of their free Transfer offer?
Paste singles are not available to add on to the free Transfer offer for departing Designers.
What if I want to cancel the Club Couture Subscription?
US former Designers can log in to their Preferred Customer account and cancel their subscription at any time. Former Canadian Designers can cancel their Club Couture subscription anytime after their 3-month commitment is completed.
What if former Designers prefer to re-enroll as a Designer after dropping, rather than becoming a Club Couture customer?
We always love to welcome Designers back! Per policy, exiting Designers must wait three months before re-enrolling as a Designer again with their same Sponsor.
When Designers exit the company and their account is in a paused status, are they eligible to participate in the Designer-to-Customer Program?
Yes, but they will not receive the one free Transfer. If they are a paused Designer at the end of the quarter, they are eligible for the Designer-to-Customer Program. However, they will only begin participating when they log in and update their Club Couture payment information so they can be successfully billed. Upon updating their information, they’ll be enrolled to receive a Transfer and the three paste singles the following month.